TROY, NY — This is the time of year that Octoberfest events begin to get the buzz. But, rather than limit themselves to German-style beers and oompah bands, the folks at Brown’s Taproom are planning a beer-pairing dinner.
Chef Paul Minbiole and Peter Martin, head brewer of Brown’s Brewing Company, the taproom parent, are putting together a “Summer Harvest Beer Dinner” scheduled for 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, September 28. The concept is to use the “fruits of this summer’s labor with most of the ingredients on the menu coming from the growers and producers at Troy’s Waterfront Farmer’s Market.”
• Soup: Roasted garlic, leek and satina potato soup with dill crème fraiche with Brown’s Pilsner. Paired with Tomhannock Pilsner.
• Salad: Arugula, roasted beets, grilled shallots and Brown’s Oatmeal Stout-braised red onion drizzled with Brown’s Hefe-Weizen Hollandaise. Paired with Hefe-Weizen.
• Cheese Course: Goat cheese and spinach crème brulee. Paired with Harvest IPA.
• Entrée: Porter rosemary-braised bison with fried sweet onions, braised Swiss chard and beet/rose gold potato gratin. Paired With Porter.
• Dessert: Apple cobbler, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream. Paired with Cherry Raspberry Ale.
This is a limited seating event to be held at the taproom’s Trojan Room. Reservations are $65 per person, which will include paired beers. Pre-paid reservations required by calling Carrie Harkin at (518) 273-2337.
Check out my New York Drinks Events Calendar, the most comprehensive you’ll find anywhere.