LYONS, NY — Fall and apples are virtually synonymous in agricultural areas. Thus, the 13th annual Wayne County Apple Tasting Tour is expected to draw crowds to the region beginning this Friday. Farm markets, wineries and food vendors will be offering apple product tastings throughout October.
In addition, a special tasting weekend is scheduled for Friday through Sunday, October 8-11, at specific locations:
• Apple Shed, 3391 Maple Ridge Road, Newark
• Burnap’s Farm Market & Garden Café, 7277 Maple Avenue, Sodus
• Cracker Box Palace at Alasa Farms, 6450 Shaker Road, Alton
• Grandview Farm, 1040 Canandaigua Road, Macedon
• Heluva Good Cheese Company Country Store, 6152 Barclay Road, Sodus
• Lagoner’s Farm Market, 6895 Lake Avenue, Williamson
• Long Acre Farms, 1342 Eddy Road, Macedon
• Mason Farms and Farm Market, 3135 West Ridge Road, Williamson
• Morgan’s Farm Market, 3843 Cory Corners Road, Marion
• Orbaker’s Fruit Farm, 3451 Lake Road, Williamson
• Orchard View Country Market, 10006 Ridge Road, North Rose
• Young Sommer Winery, 4287 Jersey Road, Williamson
Details are available online, or by calling the Wayne County Office of Tourism at (800) 527-6510.
Check out my New York Drinks Events Calendar, the most comprehensive you’ll find anywhere.