COHOES, NY — This tiny Albany County city often is abuzz with activities, from its renowned Cohoes Music Hall to its iconic Smith’s restaurant and bar that is home to the loooong mahogany bar that once was the centerpiece of the politically powerful Tammany Hall in New York City.
These days much of the activity is generated at the Harmony House Marketplace, the catch-all name of a budding little group of such small shops as The Wine Seller, which specializes in New York wines. (Free tastings are held every Friday from 5 to 7 p.m.)
Diane Conroy-LaCivita, the energetic founder, has come up with another interesting program featuring New York wines, foods and art. It’s “Three Part Harmony: A Celebration of Local Food, Wine & Art.” It will feature the products of seven chefs, seven New York vintners and seven local artists. The event is scheduled for 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, December 1, at the Marketplace located at 184-190 Remsen Street downtown.
• Noah Sheetz, executive chef at the Executive Mansion, Albany
• Rebecca Joyner, director of dining services, Darrow School, Brock & Company
• Larry Schepici, executive chef, The Brown Derby, Albany
• Brian Molino, executive chef, Marché, Albany
• Nicci Cagan, director, From the Ground Up (farm-based education service)
• Anand “A.J.” Jayapal, Miss Sydney’s Condiments and Sauces
• Jeff Loshinsky catering (John Peterson )
Participating vintners so far:
• Claire Goddard, Brotherhood Winery
• Sandy Waters, Empire Merchants North
• Jack Meehan, Opici
• Barbara Hildreth, BeauKnits fiber arts
• Bob Gullie, Eric Laffer, Terry Conrad, Remsen Street Studios multimedia arts
• Jim Charles and Tony Rivera, Cohoes Music Hall, theater
• Devin Dascher, artist and musician
• Lou Rizzo, Rizzo’s House of Flowers, floral artist
Participating co-sponsoring organizations:
• The International Center of the Capital District
• Cornell Cooperative Extension of the Capital District
• The Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York
• Honorary Co-Chairs: Cohoes Mayor John McDonald, Assemblyman Ron Canestrari
Tickets are $10 each and are available by calling Harmony House Marketplace at (518) 238-2232.
Check out my New York Drinks Events Calendar, the most comprehensive you’ll find anywhere.