For those in search of some wines they don’t normally come across, the event certainly has some early registrants that are not household names, all of them from Clinton County. Among them:
• Amazing Grace Vineyard and Winery, from Chazy
• Elf’s Farm Winery and Cider Mill, from Plattsburgh
• Everett Orchards Farm Market and Cidery, from Plattsburgh
• Stonehouse Vineyard, from Mooers
• Vesco Ridge Vineyard, from West Chazy
The grand tasting event at City Hall Auditorium also will feature regionally-made cheeses and chocolates, including cheeses from McCadam and Cabot Cheese, made just over the nearby state line in Vermont.
In addition, the festival includes a jazz brunch and wine dinners at other sites. You can get the full rundown, and ticket information, by going here.
The festival, which will run from January 28 to 30, is sponsored by the Champlain Valley Transportation Museum and Kids’ Station as a fundraiser to support its programs.
Check out my New York Drinks Events Calendar, the most comprehensive you’ll find anywhere.