BROOKLYN, NY — The Brooklyn Wine Exchange is celebrating the expansion of its licensing to cover liquor as well as wine by declaring February “Mixology Month.” The promotion will be supported by a series of free events and tastings in its learning center.
• The ABC’s Of Mixing Drinks, 7-8 p.m. Wednesday, February 2: Speaker, Audrey Saunders, former beverage director of The Carlyle and owner of the Pegu Club.
• American Whiskey, 4-5 p.m. Saturday, February 5: Speaker, Allen Katz, director of mixology and spirits education for Southern Wine & Sprits of New York, and host of “The Cocktail Hour” weekly program on Martha Stewart’s Sirius Satellite Radio.
• Gin and The Winter, 7-8 p.m. Wednesday, February 9: Speaker, Eben Klemm, director of cocktail development for B.R. Guest Restaurants/James Hotels, a New York City-based collection of concept restaurants, lounges and boutique hotels.
• Cocktails & Love Potions, 4-5 p.m. Saturday, February 12: Speaker, Colin Asare-Appaiah, brand ambassador of U’Luvka Vodka and a founding member of the London Academy of Bartenders. He is currently appearing in “Cocktail Kings” on the Discovery Channel.
• Rum X Two, 7-8 p.m. Wednesday, February 16: Speaker, Jeremy Swift, bar manager of The JakeWalk in Brooklyn.
• Punch, 7-8 p.m., Wednesday, February 23: Speaker, Dave Wondrich, master mixologist and author of the new book “Punch.”
• Theme to be decided, 4-5 p.m. Saturday, February 26: Speaker, Joaquin Simo, bartender at Death & Co., partner at Alchemy Consulting, and deputy editor for the 2009 and 2010 Food & Wine cocktail books.
The Brooklyn Wine Exchange is located at 138 Court Street. Phone: (718) 855-9463.
Check out my New York Drinks Events Calendar, the most comprehensive you’ll find anywhere.