Given the high price of fuel and the uncertainties of travel abroad these days, you may want to consider becoming involved in an 11-nation trip that can be done safely and with minimum fuel consumption.
“Around the World In 80 Miles” is a June 19-20 event involving all members of the Shawangunk Wine Trail, during which each of the wineries along the trail adopts a different country.
The trail meanders between the Shawangunk Mountains and the Hudson River, from New Paltz in Ulster County to Warwick in Orange County.
At each winery, food samples from the particular nation’s cuisine will be available in the proper atmosphere while you pair them with samples of the host wineries’ wines
Here’s where your passport can take you, although visitors can pick and choose as they like:
• Adair Vineyards will represent Mexico
• Applewood will represent Cuba
• Baldwin Vineyards will represent Italy
• Benmarl Vineyards will represent Ghana
• Brimstone Hill Vineyards will represent Greece
• Brotherhood Winery will represent France
• Glorie Farm Winery will represent Chile
• Palaia Winery will represent Belgium
• Stoutridge Vineyards will represent Germany
• Warwick Winery will represent Spain
• Whitecliff Vineyards will represent the U.S.
Check out my New York Drinks Events Calendar, the most comprehensive you’ll find anywhere.