Esquire magazine’s 6th annual Best Bars In America list is anything but a salute to tradition. This year, it consists of bars that, for the most part, are less than two years old. And, only one is in New York.
The just-released list was curated by David Wondrich, the magazine’s drinks writer.
Wondrich, incidentally, has a chapter in my upcoming whiskey anthology “Barrels and Drams,” to be released in September by Sterling Publishing.
- The Thirsty Crow, Los Angeles
- Painkiller, New York City
- Maison Premiere, Brooklyn
- Spirit of 77, Portland, Oregon
- Comstock Saloon, San Francisco
- Cure, New Orleans
- Bar Congress, Austin, Texas
- The Chandelier Bar at the Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas
- The bar at Sra. Martinez, Miami
- The Drawing Room, Chicago
- The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co., Philadelphia
Check out my New York Drinks Events Calendar, the most comprehensive you’ll find anywhere.