LONG BEACH, CA — The Thousand Island winery Coyote Moon Vineyards took 10 medals — including “Best Rose Wine” — in the Long Beach Grand Cru competition that had more than 1,400 entries for all categories.
Its River Run, a Catawba grape-based blend, took that honor, and gold medals went to the same winery’s La Crescent and Brianna, as well as two silver medals and five bronzes.
Other New York Best of Class Awards:
- Belhurst Estate Winery Isabella Sparkling
- Chateau LaFayette Reneau 2010 Semi-Dry Finger Lakes Estate Riesling
- Hazlitt 1852 Vineyard 2008 Homestead Reserve Riesling
- Lakewood Vineyards 2010 Long Stem White
- Torrey Ridge Winery Diamond
Other gold medals:
- Anyela’s Vineyards 2010 Finger Lakes Riesling
- Anyela’s Vineyards 2008 Noiret
- Belhurst 2010 Finger Lakes Riesling
- Chateau LaFayette Reneau 2010 Finger Lakes Estate Dry Riesling
- Chateau LaFayette Reneau 2010 Finger Lakes Estate Late Harvest Riesling
- Dr. Konstantin Frank 2010 Finger Lakes Dry Riesling
- Fulkerson Winery 2008 Cabernet Franc
- Goose Watch Winery 2010 Rose of Isabella
- Lucas Vineyards 2010 Finger Lakes Vignoles
- Merritt Estate Winery Bella Ice
- Swedish Hill Winery Finger Lakes Spumante Blush
- Torrey Ridge Winery Finger Lakes Blue Sapphire
- Wagner Vineyards 2008 Finger Lakes Estate Bottled Semi-Dry Riesling
Check out my New York Drinks Events Calendar, the most comprehensive you’ll find anywhere.