If you’re the type who likes to explore back roads on fall weekends, look no further. The Shawangunk Wine Trail is planning its annual “Wreath Fineries at the Wineries” series to begin November 19-20.
Tickets already have sold out for the opening day and for December 3, but would-be visitors can purchase tickets for the self-guided tour of 11 wineries scheduled for November 20 as well as December 4 and December 10-11.
Visitors to the Hudson Valley facilities can start their tours at any of the participating wineries. At the starting point, they will be given a souvenir wine glass, a new-design grapevine wreath, a Trail holiday ornament with the new logo, and an ornament from the first winery. They then will pick up ornaments at all other wineries visited. Thus, if you hit all 11 wineries, you wind up with a dozen ornaments whether you sample wines at all of them or not.
Tickets may be purchased online.
- Palaia Winery, Highland Mills
- Brotherhood Winery, Washingtonville
- Whitecliff Voneyard & Winery, Gardiner
- Baldwin Vineyard, Pine Bush
- Benmarl Winery, Marlboro
- Warwick Valley Winery & Distillery, Warwick
- Glorie Farm Winery, Marlboro
- Brimstone Hill Vineyard, Pine Bush
- Applewood Winery, Warwick
- Adair Vineyards, New Paltz
- Stoutridge Vineyards, Marlboro
Check out my New York Drinks Events Calendar, the most comprehensive you’ll find anywhere.