The new program, scheduled for Wednesday, March 28, will raise $1 for each cocktail signature martini sold at more than 60 locations across the country for the Give a Damn Campaign. The non-profit organization is a project of singer Cyndi Lauper’s True Colors Fund and launched in 2010 to inspire straight people to “give a damn” about LGBT equality.
Van Gogh’s commitment “to raising awareness and funds for our shared mission is truly inspiring,” Lauper. “It is time for things to change and through this program we will be able to make a real difference in encouraging everyone to give a damn about equality.”
GIVE A DAMN MARTINI
Created by Jonathan Pogash
1½ ounce Van Gogh Blue Triple Wheat Vodka
¾ ounce POM pomegranate juice
¾ ounce Monin cinnamon syrup
Top off with 1½ ounces sparkling wine
Shake first three ingredients very well with ice and strain into a martini glass. Top off with chilled sparkling wine and garnish with a Sweetheart candy or two.
The drinking emporiums in New York State affiliated with the program:
- Rocks, 77 Central Avenue, Albany
- Waterworks Pub, 76 Central Avenue, Albany
- Q, 44 Allen Street, Buffalo
- Bartini Bar and Lounge, 642 10th Avenue, New York
- Boots and Saddles, 76 Christopher Street, New York
- Henrietta Hudson, 438 Hudson Street, New York
- New World/Time, 340 West 50th Street, New York
- The Stonewall Inn, 53 Christopher Street, New York
- Bachelor Forum, 670 University Avenue, Rochester
- World Lounge & Martini Bar, 134 East Genesee Street, Syracuse
Check out my New York Drinks Events Calendar, the most comprehensive anywhere.